Jump to main content block
How do foreign parents adopting a child with R.O.C. citizenship file for adoption?

(I) Application Process: An attorney must register for adoption with the ROC courts. The adopting parents must file application with the child's district Household Registration Office. When the adopting parents are unable to apply in person ,they may appoint a representative by power of attorney (power of attorney established abroad must be notarized by an ROC embassy/consulate/trade office); that person with power of attorney must be approved by jurisdictional Household Registration Office. The child's surname may be changed to that of the adopting parents; the full names of the adoptive parent shall be recorded. (II) Required Documents: Applicant's identification and seal (or signature). The child's household registry and ROC identification (except in cases where ROC ID has not been issued). Court order and documentation of verification.

  • views:3778